Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hello from Uganda!

We are in Kampala, Uganda. We arrived the day before yesterday after a 13 hour bus trip from Nairobi. Betty and Carla are a wonderful addition to our traveling group and we are also VERY VERY excited that Isaac has been able to join us for our travels. We are headed out to Rwanda tomorrow to scout out activities and accomodations for the alumni group that is coming over to meet up with Betty and Carla. We are planning to spend around a week in Rwanda, head back through Uganda into Kenya then on to Tanzania and Malawi!!

Sorry this is so brief but the internet is free here and there is a line so I will be nice and move along!

Love, Jill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill:
How great to hear from you this morning. I'm sure you are glad to see Betty and Karla.
Not much new hear. We just got power back after a storm last night.
Look forward to hearing more from you.
All my Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Jill,

So I have been pretty busy this summer, but I figured I would drop a line to my girlfriends coolest sister in Africa. I hope all is going well and I know Kendra is extremely excited for you to come home. But have a good time while you are there and lions are my favorite, so if you happen to bring one home, I need a new pet. Talk to you soon.

Burke

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, good to hear from you, remember Grant, the guy that used to be so afraid of storms??? He is learning to suffer through some doozies, lighting struck a transformer right in front of his house early yesterday morning. Put the whole neighborhood in the dark. Are you going to see Victoria Falls while you are there this time??? Take care, be safe, have fun. Love you lots, Gma