Saturday, July 12, 2008

From the bottom of Mt. Kilimanjaro

Sorry it has been so long... we were staying in the foothills of Mt. Meru while in Arusha and he internet is a bit hard to come by.

We spent 3 nights staying at the Songota Falls Lodge just outside of Arusha, Tanzania with Joyce Kimaro, her son Ray, and his new lady friend Consolate. It was great to go back and visit old friends. It is also fun for me to return to Arusha as it was the first place we stayed on my first trip in 2002 so it has that "where it all began" feeling! Joyce will hopefully be joinnig Isaac Kinyanjui when he visits Lincoln again in late September so it will be great to get to introduce her to my friends and family at home!

Yesterday afternoon we took the short bus ride from Arusha to Moshi where we are planing to stay one more night before we head to Dar Es Salaam. We will be spending 2 nights there before heading off to see our Peace Corps friends Austin and Sarah. I spoke with them on the phone last night and we will be meeting up with them in Nkhata Bay Malawi on the 16th then heading to their sight near Nkhotakhota on the next day.

Can't believe how close I am to the end of this trip... it has been fun and fast...

See you all soon, Jill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jill Louise:
I was getting that mommy feeling that I needed to hear from you and what do you know, this morning your message was there.
Glad to hear that all is still going well. I'm sure that this is all where it began feeling was a moment to remember.
Bet that Sarah and Austin are so anxious to see you and show you their surroundings.
Take Care and I am counting the days to you return home.
All my love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, I was getting that "grandmommy" feeling, checking your blog site two or three times a day, etc. Sometimes I wish I were with you when you are describing what you are doing and then again sometimes I'm really happy I'm not when you are telling about rat poison falling on your bed, etc. Just know that we are thinking of you every day and will be glad when you are back. Your memory book must be chuck full. Love you lots, Gma & Gpa

Anonymous said...

Forgot to tell you, I saw your mom at the gas station yesterday. We were filling our tanks because the price of oil went over $147/barrel. Your mom drove by the same gas staion an hour later and they had raised the price 11 cents.
gma

Anonymous said...

You said nothing about Megan breaking her typing fingers!!!! :-))
But hearing from you reassured us that all is ok with her to.
Hugs The Old Folks from Bassett